Relaxer update progress pics coming soon
I am 26 weeks post relaxer today!
I will get my hair relaxed next week. I just decided that this evening, so tomorrow i will do a protein treatment in order to strengthen my hair for the relaxing process.
I have been rocking buns and ponytails for the most part and using gel to slick down my edges. That has been working for me but now am tired of bunning. I have also done braid outs a couple of times recently but my new growth doesn’t blend with my relaxed hair so i just look shabby. And since i do not want to use the flat iron, i will just end this stretch.
I will add pics to this post once i have them watermarked
Edited to add: too many random pics…
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine’s day. I haven’t blogged in about 3 weeks! Feels like forever.
Before i get into my usual blogging, I would first like to thank Lydz over at Crowning Glory for nominating me for the Liebster award.
The Liebster Blog Award is given to up and coming bloggers in order to recognize them, let them know that they are appreciated, and to spread the word about new blogs.
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the nominator and link back to them.
2. Each person must post 11 random facts about themselves.
3. Answer the 11 questions the person giving the award has set for you.
4. Create 11 questions for the people you will be giving the award to.
5. Choose 11 people to award and send them a link to your post.
6. Go to their page and tell them.
Here are 11 random facts about me.
1. I love the smell of wet soil.
2. I have been told that am a perfectionist. I don’t quite agree with this one though. I just like things done in a certain way 🙂
3. My best friends say that my character is like that of Susan Delfino from Desperate Housewives.
4. I would love to visit Greece, Egypt, Italy and France some day.
5. Am working towards becoming a certified lab geek by next year 😀
6. I love reading novels, poetry, (Auto)biographies
7. My friends think am a nerd because i keep sharing random science facts with them.
8. If could posses one superpower, it would have to be the ability to teleport
9. I love movies & T.V series about Vampires and Zombies – anyone else obsessed with ‘The Walking Dead’?
10. I love going to the movies! IMAX just made everything better! I plan to watch ‘Titanic’ each and every year if they keep bring it back to the cinema. I loved watching it in 3D last year.
11. I speak French but not fluently. Reading/listening is not a problem but speaking in French is quite a challenge for me. I need to work harder on that if i really want to get that diploma!
Questions asked by Lydz:
1. Chocolate or vanilla? Vanilla
2. Swim or gym? Definitely Swimming
3. Flats or heels? Would love to say heels, but am always in flats because thats more practical for me at the moment. So for now, Flats it is.
4. Silver or Gold? Silver. Am in the process of collecting a few gold pieces though.
5. Flat iron or roller setting? Roller setting. The less heat i use on my hair, the better. Plus it gives my hair great body and bounce.
6. Weaves or wigs? Neither. But if i had to choose, i would pick a wig because i can always take it off at the end of the day and carry on with my regular hair regimen.
7. Facebook or twitter? Facebook
8. Fruit salad or fruit juice? Fruit juice. Passion juice to be exact 😀
9. If you had to be a vegetarian which protein would you miss beef, poultry or seafood? Beef! I would REALLY miss my mutura – African sausage.
10. Three famous people either fictional or real you would love to meet? Only three? Leonardo De Caprio (love love LOVE him), Sargent Shriver (Maria Shriver’s Father) and Elvis Presely!
11. What’s your favourite natural oil? Coconut oil
I would like to tag the following Lovely ladies and any other blogger reading this.
1. Nicole: http://charmssequinsandbeyond.wordpress.com/
2. Anita: http://fromcurveswithlove.wordpress.com/
3. Ifeoma: http://myhairandmylife.wordpress.com/
Here are 11 questions for my nominees!
1. What do you like to do in your spare time?
2. Tea or Coffee?
3. Make up or no make up?
4. Whats your current obsession?
5. Whats your favourite hairstyle?
6. Would you ever bungee jump?
7. Are you more of an introvert or an extrovert?
8. Threading or tweezing?
9. Dresses/skirts or pants/trousers?
10. Whats your hair journey goal?
11. Which desperate housewife’s character comes close to yours?
Have fun ladies!