I don’t make New year resolutions. Thats not to say that i have nothing to look forward to in the coming year. No. I have goals that i plan to accomplish by next year. My Dad always tells me that if i set out to do something i should also set a deadline for it. I agree, majorly because am a procrastinator and i “need” the threat of a looming deadline to get things done 😀
Since everyone is making new year resolutions (and am not), i thought this would be an opportune time to share with you my 30 by 30 list (which i first mentioned here). The plan is to spend as little cash as i can to accomplish these things by 20th May 2015 – my birthday.
1) Do a 5K run. No walking. I really need to take up running.
2)Take a train to…anywhere. I’ve been on a train before. Just not a moving one
3) Do some volunteer work.
4) Plant a tree. I haven’t done that in years so planting just one tree will be a big deal because, you know…the environment and stuff…
5) Read at least 5 books in the next 5 months. Any kind of books. I used to pride myself on being a reader, now am just a disgrace to the reading community 😦
6) Cook a signature dish.
This is going to be a tough one. Think positive! Think positive!
7) Sew myself a dress. I’ve wanted to do this for so long but somehow, crocheting took center stage instead.
8) Complete a month-long photo challenge. Selfies don’t count. Or do they?.
9) Be in the best shape in my life. Abs! Abs! Abs!
10) Sit through an entire sermon at church. I know how that sounds. Seems like lately i’ve been going to church for weddings & funeral services only, and when i do actually go to church, am late. Like very late.
11) Get a manicure/pedicure and/or massage. Yep. Never had either one of those.
12) Take a class and have fun with it.
13) Secure a second income.
14) Do something touristy – explore my city.
15) Attend a creative performance, like Spoken word, poetry reading…i loved poetry in high school. I wonder what happened to that girl.
16) Take a trip to visit someone i know.
17) Watch 30 classic films aka motion pictures.
18) Donate blood. The last time i did this was 5 years ago and the guy just kept filling these 2 bags with my blood. All i could think was, “i said take some of it, not all of it!” 😀 I’ve been stingy since then. Seriously though, i tried to donate during the Westgate attacks but they already had enough blood
Some things are personal and as such haven’t made it to the blog but i’ll try adding more stuff that i can actually share with you in the coming months till i get to #30.