The last time i run for sport/fitness purposes was 11 years ago – when i was in high school. Back then we’d go for cross country runs which i hated, although to be honest, i’d only run a few meters or till i lost sight of whichever teacher was on duty…then walk the rest of the way only picking up speed if i saw the said teacher 🙂
One thing that made these runs bearable was the fact that i actually got to step outside the school gate. I was in a boarding school and one needed a valid reason to be outside the school compound…i never really had one
Okay, thats a little background information on my running – not much. Am not a runner thats for sure. But am working towards becoming one. Once i conquer the 5K milestone, i’ll start training for a 10K and then (maybe), a half marathon. Am aware this is no easy task and a lot of commitment is required. But why not try, right?
A few things am looking forward to are:
1) Taking part in the Standard Chartered Nairobi Marathon later this year. I’ll sign up for the 10K
2) Taking part in the next First Lady’s Marathon (Beyond Zero campaign). Again for the 10K
3) Taking part in any other marathons/runs within Nairobi. I can’t afford to venture out at the moment.
4) Experiencing ‘runners high’. Seriously guys, how great would it be to feel euphoric off your own body’s hormones. That right there, will be my reward 🙂
5) Last but not least, the numerous benefits of running.
Can you tell i’ve been thinking about running? Like a lot?
Okay tomorrow i start running so that i can stop writing about wanting to run and actually run 😀 . Hopefully there’ll be no rain.