Weekend in the life

Another week, another blog post

Not much going on in hair ville so I thought I’d put up a different kind of post. The goal was to post about my 24hr work day but plans changed so instead, I have bits from the weekend to share with you. Here goes…

I woke up pretty early on Saturday and hydrated. I used the last of my green tea.

Given the kind of day I was going to have, I knew working out was paramount. I don’t work out regularly but when if am going to have a particularly challenging day…working out is a must.

I dilly dallied at some point and had to do a rush job with the showering and getting ready. Thank God I’d done my nails the night before! I didn’t have time for breakfast. I just grabbed a banana and figured I’d have breakfast at the office. I was out the door just in time to make it to my 7am shift.

Of course when I got to the office there was no coffee available. Just tea and Milo so I just shelved the whole breakfast idea. A couple of hours later I was sent out to the field (Ruai) where a building had collapsed. There wasn’t much to do really. We just stood around waiting for the rubble to be cleared so we could get to the people trapped underneath.

Hours later, rescue efforts were still underway. The sun was really beating down on us at that point and I had no qualms when someone handed me a cold packet of milk. And another. I downed a whole liter of milk! Never mind I had a liter of water which I left untouched :/

At some point dark clouds rolled in and it started to rain just like its been raining everyday. I got back to the office at around 5, had a banana and 4 weetabix biscuits for late lunch with milk. Yes. I need a dairy cow at this point. I also mixed in some chia seeds and ground flax seeds.

My shift was supposed to end at 7pm but they let me off at 6:30 when they found out I was heading to the hospital after that for the night shift over there. It was unnecessary but welcome 🙂 I freshened up and off I went. It took me an hour door-to-door so I got to the hospital at around 7:30pm. I didn’t have to go to the hospital. I just enjoy what I do over there and so I go in whenever I can #nosociallife.

I worked until 10:30, went for a tea break. Worked some more and then at around 2 I started yawning and yawning and yawning. Usually I go to sleep at 3-6 during night shifts but this time I was beat. It was time to leave. I ubered, got into bed and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow.

I woke up a number of times after that, staying up just long enough to check the time. Finally at 8 something on Sunday morning I got out of bed, had breakfast and lounged on the couch till 1 something #zeroproductivity. I showered, headed out to lunch, got back home, took a bath…the heat was unbearable that afternoon plus I had walked quite a bit…I needed to freshen up. And then I went to bed at around 5pm. My sleep cycle is totally screwed up.

I woke up at 1 am thinking it was 7am 😐 ate food I had carried home from yesterday lunch – KFC chicken and a twister which is basically a wrap. I got online and put this post together. Am in the 2nd shift at the hospital today so I have a free morning.

Have a great week!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s